Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love Notes, a Terrific Kid & a Princess

I was thrilled to find these cute mailboxes in the dollar section at Target -- and even better, they had four different colors for four fab kids! Every day Nate or I (mostly me) write something we love about each kid and put it and a small treat inside for them to discover in the morning. It's been a big hit and it forces me to think about something different for each kid each day that I love about them -- let's face it, sometimes after a long day of loudness, chaos, silliness and such, that's quite the task.

That's right, we officially have a TERRIFIC KID in our family! Jaxton was awarded the honor and I was able to go to the presentation where he was spotlighted by the assistant principal, then told how proud he was of him and then was kissed on top of the head (it was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes). This is what Jaxton's teacher had to say about him: "Jaxton is certainly one of kindergarten's finest. He comes to school each day with a smile and a "let's go" attitude. In addition, Jaxton can always be counted on to help others and he is a great friend to play with at recess. We are delighted that Jaxton is part of our class. What a fabulous Eagle!" I have been nothing but impressed with the teachers and staff at the kids school and I'm so thankful to send them to a place each day where I am confident they are loved and nurtured. Way to go Jaxton -- we always knew you were terrific, but now we have an award to prove it!

Jilli and I had a girl's outing with Jesica and Kaylee where we went and saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D. When I told Jilli what we were going to do, she immediately disappeared upstairs and returned dressed in her own princess clothes. She loves to dress in princess attire, turn in circles with her arms opened wide and sing to her hearts content. She's quite the girl!

No comments: