Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's SUPER . . .

Two weeks ago tomorrow Beckam had a lapse in good judgement. Apparently he forgot that he couldn't fly and decided to Superman jump off our neighbor's tramp. I was told that he laughed at first and then asked my neighbor, "Will you hold me?" to which she then put him in the stroller and brought him to me. And because ANYtime you need a doctor it's on a Friday afternoon we decided to let him sleep on it and see how it felt in the morning. That whole night he basically stayed on the couch and didn't care to move around too much and when morning came and I saw him lifting his hurt arm up and around with his good arm, we decided we better take him to Urgent Care.
Sure enough, not only was it broken, but both forearm bones were broken just below the elbow (one was cracked almost all the way through). They splinted it up and sent us home with instructions to get it casted above the elbow on Monday.
So, while Beckam may not be able to fly like Superman, he's every bit as tough as him. The kid NEVER cried, which according to the doctor is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. especially with breaks like he had.
Fly or not fly, you're definitely SUPERBECK to us, buddy!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Poor kid! There's a picture of Sky with his arm broken around the same age and Beck looks just like him.

Mandy said...

Poor little Beck! I think he is so adorable. Sky and I were looking through his baby books about a month ago and it's so crazy how much Sky looked like Beck when he was little...i love it! I hope our kids look just like him.