Friday, March 25, 2011

Being an Olsen/Peterson

It's good to be an Olsen.  I've always known it was, but it becomes more and more clear the older I get.  Living all the way across the country I don't get to be immersed in Olsen times as much as I'd like, but rest assure I'm doing my best to bring the Olsen way of life to my little family.
Jilli and I were able to go home last week and join in on the good times that can always be found where the Olsen family is.  We enjoyed visiting with family, eating out, a birthday party, a baby shower, shopping and letting Jilli bond with her sweet Olsen family (we also got the opportunity to have lunch with some of the Peterson clan as well).
Don't get me wrong, I love being a Peterson as well. Belonging to two wonderful families is something I've always been grateful for. And even though leaving my Olsen family behind in Utah was hard, there was something so sweet about being greeted at the airport by four excited and grinning Peterson boys.
This is the message that I found written on our chalkboard wall when we got home (thanks Kristi for sharing your b-day cupcakes with my family, allowing them to double as a welcome home treat as well).

3 comments:

Kade and Katie said...

the picture of you dad and jilli asleep seriously made me cry! that is soooo sweet. i am totally sad we missed you! i wish you would have stopped by, don't hesitate for a second next time! i know you'll still love me in whatever mess you find me. love the pictures, love you olsons as well! so glad i can call you "fam"

EMILY said...

Too cute Jam. Glad you're able to come be your fam every once in a while. I'm sure it's bitter sweet being so far away. The pics of Jilli with your family are darling. Hopefully one of these times you come into town we can see each other again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Love ya.

Kaeloni said...

Such cute pictures! Your kids are adorable! It was nice to meet you at the baby shower! :D