Saturday, April 2, 2011

Getting to Know My New Life

Now that I'm done with the pregnancy and new baby phase of my life, I'm getting to the know the new phase of my life.  Unlike my first phase that lasted almost 8 years, I think this new phase is going to be around a bit longer -- I'm thinking at least a good 15 or more years.  I think I'll call this new part of my life the "Accidents and Athletics" phase.

Exhibit A: Sports Training Arena
I came home to this new addition to my home decor a couple weeks back.  Nate and the boys had screwed some kind of hangy-thing from my ceiling, attached a ball to the end of it, taped off a home plate and were working on their baseball swings.  
My wood floors have become an indoor basketball court, my front door doubles as throwing/target practice and  my furniture is moved around daily to accommodate the latest soccer game.  This last Monday a prayer was answered and Nate bought an outdoor basketball hoop for the kids to take their shots on, allowing my crown molding a break.  

Exhibit B: Accident City
How many times can one little boy split open his eye in three weeks?  Not once, not twice, but three times!  (And this doesn't count the two other prior incidents where he split open other parts of his face, giving him a grand total of five accidents in a year and a half.)  Need I also remind myself that Mac had staples in his head not so long ago?  
Sadly cuts, bruises and looking a little banged up is a new fashion trend in our home.

Exhibit C: No Exceptions for Little Girls
Even Jilli gets her fair share of training and accidents around here.  
With my new phase of life, there's sure to be excitement lurking around every corner and I think I'm okay with that.  Looks like I'll be trading in my diaper bag of sippys and wet wipes for a duffle bag filled with gatorade and bandaids.  
Bring it, new phase of life, I'm ready for ya.

4 comments:

JDS said...

:-) Don't forget to add Neosporin to that new diaper bag! I bet you'll be like one of those moms in the commercial that hears a kid cry and spins the clip around her finger like a pistol before applying it to the ever so calm child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FwZKg8mu84

kelley said...

I asked Jaxton at church what he did to his eye and he said he'd cut it "3 TIMES!" And told me about each one. I asked if he'd cried and he said "No" like that was the silliest question ever. What an awesome little kid.

Kade and Katie said...

such a clever-clan you all are! love the baseball idea!

nicole said...

Ha ha ha. I love your tone as you explain about the addition to your home decor. I have a feeling Nick will pull something like this on me someday.

As for the bruises and such, I'll know who to ask when I'm at that stage! Wowza.