Tuesday, March 22, 2011

9 Years, an Artist, a Party & St. Patty's

Nine years ago today, I became a Peterson and I find myself even happier today than I was then about that decision. How wonderful it is when you marry someone that you absolutely adore!
To celebrate 9 wonderful years we had a "romantic" candlelight dinner of tacos with our four awesome kids. At the end of our dinner I asked each of the boys to make a wish for Nate and I before they blew out one of the candles. Mac wished that Nate and I "could be together forever;" Jaxton wished that we would "have a happy life;" and Beckam wished that Nate and I would "be best friends forever." It makes my heart happy to know that I can guarantee those wishes are granted!

I was always told that while boys love sticks, wrestling and balls, that girls love dancing, art and dresses. I wasn't a complete believer until just lately when I came across sweet Jilli putting so much concentration into her work of art. She worked and worked at it and I think the result is definitely a masterpiece.

I hosted a party to celebrate the finale of the latest season of "The Bachelor." Instead of calling it "The Bachelor Finale Party," I called it the "I'm SO Glad I'm NOT a Bachelor(ette)Party" (catchy title, egh?). A bunch of delightful women gathered at my home, we ate food, we chatted and chatted and chatted some more and caught bits and pieces of the show in between chatting. I think I may have just began a tradition worth carrying on.

St. Patrick's Day came and went while Jilli and I were visiting in Utah. Thankfully I put a lot of thought and preparation into getting everything ready for the boys and instructed Nate on what he was supposed to do the night before (i.e. help Mac with the leprechaun trap, set up the treasure hunt, put out the treasure). When I excitedly called Nate on St. Patty's Day to find out how the morning went he said, "Is that today?" (deep breaths and count to ten . . .) Apparently he tried to make up for his blunder by putting it all together while the boys were at school. He insists that the boys didn't know the difference and that they were still thrilled -- I'm still trying to believe him.

3 comments:

nicole said...

Ha ha, I love the quote cupcakes. I didn't get a chance to read them that night. I'm going to have to learn more about this leprechaun trap tradition, I hadn't heard of it until I met you Mebane ladies.

Kim said...

Wish I could have come to your bachelor party, sounds like it was fun!
At least Nate eventually got to the St. Patty's celebration. When I was in Utah I left treats for the kids each day i was gone. i asked Brandon everyday if he put them out and he said, "Oh I will." When I got home they were all still in the bag in my closet untouched:) But your treats turned out very cute.

Holly and Robert said...

So cute!! Love the bachelor stuff!!