Thursday, December 19, 2013

Eight is Great

A lot of preparation goes into a person getting baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. First, they have to be age appropriate (at least 8 years old), their life needs to be in line with the standards of the church and the person needs to understand and be ready to make and keep very important covenants with the Lord.

You can imagine then, my excitement when Jaxton was ready and chose to be baptized. It even worked out that he would be baptized on his 8th birthday.

And since such a great occasion should be documented well, I pulled out the ole' camera to take a few shots of my sweet guy at this tender age.






The big day arrived and Jaxton was thrilled.  Afterwards he wrote in his journal about the experience and said, "I had my baptism and it was awesome.  I was nervous at first, but then I got the hang of it.  All my bad choices were washed away."

Jaxton's baptism and confirmation were followed up with a luncheon for all the extended family at Grandma Elaine's.  We had a salad bar, pizza and desserts -- all of Jaxton's favorites.

Directly after the luncheon, we had Jaxton's birthday party where some friends from school and all his cousins were invited.  We had cake and ice cream, opened presents and then headed to a trampoline park to get out some energy.

My heart is full knowing that another one of my children has chosen to be baptized a member of the church.  What a great blessing it is to our family to have the gospel in our lives.

I love you Jaxton James!  I can't wait to see you continue to grow into the wonderful person you are meant to be.

No comments: