Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sunset Beach -- need I say more?




Beckam was super cautious the first time we got in the pool. He insisted on having not only a life jacket on but also that he needed to be hanging onto someone's neck to keep from drowning. But by the end of the trip he was confident enough to swim and paddle around on his own (with a life jacket).

Last year Jilli wasn't a huge fan of the whole beach scene and I was beginning to wonder if she was actually my daughter. This year she put my worries at ease by proving that she was indeed a fan of the sun, the water and the sand -- she's definitely my girl!

This picture could very well go down as one of my favorites. Love these three best buddies!

The Thole family came and stayed with us Friday to Saturday. We had so much fun spending time with them and getting to know their family better. We can't wait to do it again!



The Thole's brought the kids some books and Jilli especially took to hers. For a good portion of the day we found her strolling around the pond, pausing long enough to read a page or two out or her book -- quite a thinker!

Jaxton loved the pool! He was determined to learn to swim underwater on his own and sure enough by the second day he could do it -- and by the third day he was an ole' pro at the underwater front stroke.

Here's my handsome enjoying the beach life -- he prefers to relax out of the sun and under an umbrella.

My kids have always been pretty easy to entertain, take for instance this tree. It wasn't uncommon to find Jaxton or Beckam with two leaves in their hands make believing that the leaves were warriors and they'd make them fight by tearing the leaves up (they did this for hours). I couldn't be happier that they all have such active imaginations.


Who can resist sandy baby feet with painted pink toenails? Not me!

Unlike Beckam, we found that Jilli was a water daredevil from the get-go. That girl doesn't have an afraid bone in her body and frankly it worries me a bit (check her out ready to head down the 5 ft. ladder on her own).







Check out the alligator in the pond just outside our patio doors. I think a sign warning unsuspecting people of large biting animals should be a must, don't you?



I'm amazed at how Mac's swimming continues to get better and better. He jumps into the deep end and swims to the other end of the pool with ease -- I love seeing the independence and confidence in my children grow!

Thank heaven's for this pond and the turtles living in it! My kids loved feeding them, touching them and watching them take care of their eggs.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, man. That looks heavenly! Looks like you guys had a fantastic vacation together! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit jealous. Happy for you, for sure. But still a bit jealous. :D

Unknown said...

Those are such great photos. I especially love the one of you and Jilli and the family photo shot in front of the pier. You do such a great job of making such cute collages of your family. The kids are going to love looking at this as they get older.

Glad you guys all had a good time.!