Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Adventures & Goodbyes

Our Summer Adventures have officially begun! Instead of the jar that I went with last year, I decided to do things a bit different this year. Each day has a Summer Adventure, but the kids have to accomplish all of the above tasks before we can do it -- talk about motivation to get your bed made.

Our adventures range from making homemade juice to going to the pool to doing service for neighbors.

Any time I start thinking my kids are a handful, I see them do something like this and it reminds me what easy children they really are. My kids have always been so good to entertain themselves. I've had all their toys locked up for the past month (that's a whole other story), but they still find things to do. Who needs a million lego pieces laying around on your floor when you've got dirt and a Happy Meal toy?




Here's Mac and his friend, Ariel, solving the world's problems.

Jaxton celebrated his half birthday. He's already lost two teeth and is counting down the days until he heads to Kindergarten. Love this kid so very much!


My dearest NC friend, Kristi, is moving to Indiana. We held one more girl's night in her honor and celebrated what a wonderful person she is. I wanted her to leave NC with something special, so I had those closest to her write what they admired most about her and then I decorated a jar and put the messages inside. I think it turned out to be something Kristi will cherish for a long time.



We're headed to UT for quite a while, so we'll see you on the flip side of summer!

2 comments:

Joni said...

I am always amazed by your creativity! I love your kid summer ideas! And who wouldn't feel special with such a gift.

Vicki said...

I love that picture of you two.