Sunday, June 12, 2011

My 1st Born & 1st Grade

I can remember everything about my 1st grade year -- in fact, I could talk you through an entire day in Mrs. Gunnel's 1st grade class even to this day. My teacher, Mrs. Gunnel made a huge impact on me -- she filled me full of confidence and love, which is exactly how anyone should begin their education experience. Mrs. Gunnel and my mom are the two biggest reasons that I chose to teach 1st grade and looking back, I hope that my own students came away from 1st grade with not only added knowledge, but knowing that their teacher loved them and worked her tail off for them.
As Mac got ready for 1st grade I could only hope he would have a similar experience.
And guess what . . .
I'm pretty sure that even though his last day of school was Friday, if he was given the choice, he'd go back to school tomorrow.
Now if that's not the sign of a successful year, I don't know what is.
Thank you Ms. Kirby and Ms. Scott for allowing my child to learn, grow and expand.
Now on to 2nd grade . . .

1 comment:

Holly and Robert said...

Wow!! I can't believe he is already done with 1st grade!!