Monday, February 14, 2011

We've Been BUSY Around Here!

Shell Bell came to visit for five days and we were so thrilled to have her. The kids loved bonding with her and when we dropped her off at the airport, we hadn't even pulled away from the curb before Beckam said, "I miss Shell Bell." Thanks for the visit Michelle -- we love you lots and lots!

My dad's birthday is this week and I'm the appointed person to be in charge of his birthday this year. He mentioned that he needed a new watch, but wanted to pick it out himself and since we live across the country from each other, I had to come up with something. I didn't necessarily want to just put some money in a card or get him a gift card, so I came up with this, which I wrapped up and sent home with Michelle to give him on his birthday. Happy Birthday Dad! I wish I could personally deliver this gift and give you a big hug -- love you lots!
I saw this cute idea from the Tatertots and Jello blog and decided that's what I wanted to make for teachers, my kids and my visiting teachers for Valentines Day. My kids were thrilled with their Love Juice and I'm hoping it was a big hit with the others as well.





This was from last weeks FHE. The kids each took turns standing on the heart as we all told that person what we loved about them. For our treat we dipped vanilla wafers into melted red frosting and then we refrigerated them for a bit -- super tasty!

We made personalized Valentines Day cards again this year and I think they turned out great. The boys were happy to channel their inner rockstar long enough for me to get a good picture to use.




I love this picture of Beckam -- I think it captures him pretty perfectly!

2 comments:

Joni said...

Too cute. I may have to use the Love Juice idea next year!

Burnetts said...

Your kids are dang cute. Looks like you had a good time with Michelle. Jam- you are doing some cute projects lately. I wish I was closer so we could do some together.