Thursday, January 13, 2011

this, that, and the other

One of my new loves is making these material flowers for either hair clips, headbands, pins, or necklaces. Is it possible to overdo the material flower? I guess we shall see.

If anyone's interested in knowing how to make either flower, check here.

Here is Miss Messy Face. We are convinced that her face is irresistible no matter what.

Jaxton's preschool Christmas Program was cancelled because of weather conditions so they rescheduled for this past week. I loved watching him bounce up and down to the rhythm as he sang his little heart out. He's confided to Nate and I that what he really wants to do when he grows up is be on the stage with lots of lights and have people watch him sing and dance. I think it sounds like a great plan and I'm pretty sure I'll be his #1 fan.

Beckam's first week of primary was last Sunday, which means that I now have 3 of my 4 kids in Jr. Primary and Jilli is quickly approaching nursery age next month. Is it really possible that I will be child-free for the last 2 hours of church? I can hardly believe it!

After Christmas is over each year I have the hardest time parting with the cards that our friends and family have sent. In years past I've saved them for a few months, thinking that I'll do something with them, but let's be honest, nothing ever happens . . . that is until now. This year I was determined to make something with these cards and after coming up with a few ideas I decided on placemats. How fun will it be to eat off something each night that holds such beautiful faces and wonderful messages? This is something I'll definitely continue to do.

5 comments:

Joni said...

We do look good enough to eat off!

Bush's said...

umm those placemats, ADORABLE! What a cute idea!

Kim said...

Look at you getting your craft on! Where did you get the tutorial for the flowers? Super cute! Your kids are adorable!

Unknown said...

So I never do christmas cards, but feel like I want to send you one just to be on your cute placemats! :) Christine

Burnetts said...

Jami...The flowers are adorable. I am sorry my Christmas card never came this year. I have one here for you in my drawer but misplaced your address. That makes me sad after seeing your cute placemat idea. Next Year!! Your family is so cute, Can you believe it has been a year since I came out there? Time flies!