Tuesday, January 25, 2011

someone's SpEcIaL day . . .

It's Nate's special day today. The interesting thing about Nate's special day, is every year when it comes around Nate likes to celebrate his special week -- he also thinks that when my special day comes around that it's his special day too . . . funny how that works. He's a smart one, I tell ya.
This is one of our very first pictures together, almost 10 years ago. I knew he was special then and that hasn't changed. And actually I think he turned out more special than I had ever dreamed.
Happy special day Nate. I love you more than words can say.

(I asked Mac and Jax if the picture above still looked like me. Their response, "Yeah, except for the lipstick and girlie hair." :)

We had the Dyreng's over for cake and ice cream since Chelsea's birthday was yesterday. The kids had a great time playing "war" and it's always good to spend time with Scott and Chelsea.

I was especially impressed with the boys this year. They insisted on using their own money to each buy dad their own gift. They all put a lot of thought into what they ended up buying and honestly I think they did a great job.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey, happy birthday, Nate!

And Jam, this is the year of bday realizations! Jax and I have the same bday, Abby and Mac have the same bday, and today I realized Nate and my brother have the same bday, which reminds me I need to give him a call! :P