Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Week of Firsts

Jilli was invited to her first birthday party on Saturday. I couldn't help not dressing her up in a fluffy party skirt. She was so happy and content at the party. She sat in front of a toy and played with it the entire time, stopping only long enough to smile at any passerby. She's such a pleasant easy going little girl and one man said to me, "By looking at her face, I don't think that girl's had a bad day in her whole life." It's true -- who wouldn't be happy with so many people so madly in love wih you?

I ran my first race with my wonderful friend, Kristi, last Saturday. Besides the sudden urge to throw up on the last leg of the race, everything went fine and dandy. Kristi and I even finished faster than we had expected and were very proud of ourselves. We each now have in our possession neon yellow t-shirts to prove we participated. GO us!

My sweet Jilli is the first child that I know of who is growing not her top two middle teeth, but her incisors. Jilli can definitely pull off the look now, but I just hope there's middle teeth coming sometime soon. I joke with the boys that she is a vampire who "has come to suck our blood." I think it's totally funny, but I do have to wonder if it's going to have some effect on their mental well-being.

Jaxton played in his first season of soccer this Spring and today was his last game. Fortunately he scored his first goal of the season about 1 minute before the game ended, but unfortunately about 30 seconds after our video tape ran out on the camcorder. By the look on his face you would have thought he'd just won the world cup -- he was one proud little boy!

Today Mac had his first playdate with someone not from church or the neighborhood. He and his best school buddy, Carlo, have been trying to set something up for weeks and it finally went through today. Mac went over to his house and played and then Carlo's parents took them swimming and to a family bar-b-q. He had such a wonderful time -- so wonderful, in fact, that he cried the whole way home because he wanted to stay with Carlo's family. Now it's our turn to host the next playdate and I feel like the bar's been set . . .

7 comments:

howelltree said...

Great job on the 5K!!! Mya's first top tooth grew in that same way. It was the weirdest thing.

Holly and Robert said...

Looks like fun..... Good Job on the race...

EMILY said...

Good job on the 5K. Who knew? I ran my first one last fall and was scared to death. Now I'm running in another race next month and I'm even more scared. You're amazing. Hope to see you this summer.

Kim said...

Way to go on your first race! Love the vampire teeth, I had a friend who's daughter had her 2 incisors and her bottom teeth before getting her her top middle.

the rutledge's- said...

Hi Jami-

I loved your post. Jaxton looks so cute in his little soccer uni! So..when is the next 5K? And can I invite myself?

Magic Marker said...

I love that cute little picture of Jilli. She is adorable! Good job on your first race!

Kristi said...

seriously, go us and I love love that pic of Jillian. on the way home from the park today Connor asked if we could have a Jilly Billy of our own. :)