Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's Good To Be MOM


In light of a recent experience, I tried to really think about Mother's Day and take in all the little things that make it good to be MOM.
Waking up to a sleeping house and getting a quiet start to the day made it good to be MOM. Hearing a chorus of "Happy Mother's Day's" and being the recipient of some lovely kisses (some more slobbery than others) made it good to be MOM. Feeding, dressing, and grooming four little ones with little protest from any of them made it good to be MOM. Snapping some family pics before heading out the door and having 3 out of 4 children cooperate made it good to be MOM. Attending church and hearing three wonderful speakers and two Primary music numbers made it good to MOM. Teaching my CTR 5's about Priesthood blessings and having the star student (my Jax) give answers that make his momma proud made it good to be MOM. Having Mac tell me that he was truly sorry that he'd only made me 2 presents instead of 6 because I've been his mom for that many years made it good to be MOM. Coming home from church to the smell of roast beef in the crock pot and knowing dinner and dessert were in dad's hands made it good to be MOM. A walk around the neighborhood, a game of checkers, two games of hide-and-seek, and 5 games of freeze tag made it good to be MOM.
I'm a lucky girl, I tell ya! It's good to be me and it's good to be MOM!

P.S. Below are the Mother's Day cards we sent out to a few special mom's in our lives.

1 comment:

emandtrev said...

This was so sweet. It is always great to have these reminders of how blessed we are! You're an awesome mom, Jami, and have such a beautiful familiy!