Thursday, September 19, 2013

School is Back in Session

School is in full swing around here, so I suppose it's time to post the kids "first day of school" photos.

Mac, my 4th grader: He was lucky enough to meet his teacher, Ms. Parks, during the summer at the house when she carpooled to a meeting with a good friend of ours. Mac thought she was beautiful and when she left the house he turned to me and said, "I have a feeling it's gonna be a good year!"

Jaxton, my 2nd grader: A couple weeks before school started we found out that his teacher's name was Ms. Baker. During those couple weeks, when people would ask who his teacher was, he would quickly say, "Ms. Cooker." I'd then have to remind him that it was Baker and not Cooker, to which he would frantically say, "What if I do that in class?" Here's to hoping Ms. Baker has a sense of humor!

Beckam, my Kindergartner: If I didn't know any better, I'd think Beckam didn't miss me at all being at school all day. Fortunately for me, though, when I come through carpool line each day for pick up, he's waving his arms and yelling, "Mom, Mom!" It makes my heart happy!

Miss J, my PreK girl: She wasn't quite sure what to do with herself when the boys started school and she hadn't yet. Poor girl got used to having a full-time playmate around all the time. Luckily she only had to wait a week before she started school three mornings a week.
Unlike my boys, who always moaned when I came to pick them up from the preschool playground, Jilli runs to greet me and wraps her arms around me when I come to get her. I'm trying so hard to relish these moments with her before the year is over and she begins school full-time with her brothers.


As for me, I'm coming to terms with being alone three mornings of the week. With cleaning, errands, volunteering at the school, working out, church callings, painting at the gym, helping others with their kids, etc., there's always something to do. It still seems strange to not be toting another little person(s) around with me everywhere I go, but I do admit, it's a nice trade-off for all those years of toting around lots of little people everywhere I went.

Here's to another great school year and 10 hours of "alone time" each week.

No comments: