Saturday, September 21, 2013

i HEART my parents!

I love my parents! I'm not quite sure what I did in the pre-existence to deserve such wonderful people, but I am eternally grateful that I have them!


The funny thing about my parents is that they have LOTS of admirers, not just me. I'm always amazed when I mention to people that my parents are coming for a visit that they will say, "Oh please invite me over to meet them!" or if they've already met them, "Don't let them leave without me coming over to see them." And after meeting them people will say things like, "Your dad is so sweet, I just want to wrap my arms around him!" or "When your mom opens her mouth I want to be sure to take in everything she says!" Even weeks after my parents have gone home, people will continue to say, "I loved meeting your parents and I hope I get to see them again."


I've often time wondered why my parents get such a reaction from people. Is it because I sing their praises at any chance I get? Maybe. But I actually believe it's the sweet spirit that my parents constantly carry with them. They are kind, humble, charitable, wise people and others recognize it and are immediately drawn in.


In a blessing that I received as a teenager, it mentioned that if I live righteously that my posterity will love me with the same love that I have for my parents. What an awesome promise and excellent source of motivation that has been for me. I could only hope and pray that my children have that kind of love for me.

I love you, mom and dad! You really are wonderful in every way! I count myself truly blessed to call you mine!

No comments: