Sunday, August 28, 2011

UTAH -- Part 3 of 3

After we said our "goodbye's" to Logan and my family, we headed south to hang out with Nate's family.  The kids loved seeing their other cousins and enjoyed every minute with them.


While we were at the park, my mother-in-law, Elaine was happily greeted by many of her 8th grade students who were there for a conference.  They squealed with delight when they saw her and it was very clear to me why she was awarded Teacher of the Year in her district -- Elaine is truly loved and admired by her students.


We did all kinds of activities -- one of my favorites was the back massages that my niece, Camdyn, provided for only $.10 (and that was after she gave you a free one so you could try it out).  It could easily be the best money I've ever spent.


One of my favorite things to do during our visits is getting together with friends.  We talk, reminisce and laugh so hard we cry.  I easily have the best friends E.V.E.R.

Miss Jill will always hold a special place in my heart and I was so thrilled to see her after 4 years!  We taught first grade together for two years -- we learned a lot working side-by-side and I'll always be thankful for her!

And some of Nate's a.k.a. Hash's bff's.







Mac celebrated his half birthday while we were in Utah!  It's good to be 7 1/2, especially when you get to celebrate by eating cookies and ice cream.

And then we drove home . . . 36 hours is a  very long time to be in a car, but it's also a small price to pay considering we got to spend the last 5 weeks with totally awesome people.

But, it's also not too shabby coming home at 2:00 am to a Welcome Home sign on the front door from Angela and the neighbors, breakfast on the doorstep from Jesica and a message from Kristi saying she's already got our Sunday dinner covered.  Seriously how lucky can we get?

Until next year . . .

1 comment:

Joni said...

So sad I missed seeing you...next year! Looks like you can pack a lot in to 5 fabulous weeks!