Wednesday, August 24, 2011

TWO

Two years have come and gone and we have SO enjoyed having Jilli around. She makes us laugh every time she says, "What the heck!" "Oh gosh!" or "He buggin' me!" Jilli can basically say anything and she's very inquisitive. You can't drive very far in the car without her asking "What was that" and someone can't be gone from the house long before she wonders "Where(name of person) go?" Not only do we think she's funny, but she thinks she's hysterical as well. She'll call for someone to get their attention and then when she has it she'll roll her eyes, stick out her tongue or do something else that she thinks is funny. I especially love her "bless you's," her "sorry's" and her "love you's."

We had some neighbor friends over Sunday evening for an "Ice Cream Sundae" party. Our plan was to have it outside, but that only lasted about 5 minutes before the rain came down and all 30-something people came running inside. We still had a great time and I think Jilli enjoyed all of her extra attention.



Jilli had a stained white shirt, so I decided to turn it into a birthday shirt that would match her skirt.



When we (or anyone) would ask Jilli what she wanted for her birthday, she'd stretch her arms out and say, "lots and lots of babies!" We couldn't disappoint!





For Jilli's cake I kept with the Ice Cream theme and made cake-filled ice cream cones.


That night Jilli let me cradle her and we rocked together for a while. Naturally my mind went back to a time two years earlier when I sat in a quiet hospital room, just me and my baby girl. I cradled her the entire night and in between little cat naps, I thought about what it was going to be like to have a little girl in our home. I never could have imagined then how much joy she would really bring.

While I didn't cradle her all night long, I did hold her hand until she fell asleep. I love those sweet, quiet moments with my baby!
Happy Birthday Miss Jilli! You bring sunshine to our lives and we can't wait to see what this next year has in store for you!

Growth Stats:  34 inches tall (50th %) and 28 pounds (50th %)

3 comments:

BeckyB.West said...

Jami, she looks just like you! She is a little doll. You've got such a cute bunch of kiddos:)

Katie said...

You are such a great mom, Jami! I'm glad this little birthday princess had such a wonderful day! :)

Kim said...

Looks like such a fun day. She is so cute.