Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Countdown Begins

I found this advent calendar on one of my new favorite blogs eighteen25 and knew I had to have it.

In our calendar, each pocket holds 4 chocolate candies (one for each child) and a Christmas activity for that day. Such fun!
Dec. 1st -- Write a letter to Santa.

I love that Beckam says "I want to be a good boy" instead of "I am a good boy" -- at least we both agree that we've still got some work ahead of us.

A shirt, pants, underwear, scissors, paper, and glasses -- if this boy were any sweeter I'd have to cry.

The Kung Zhu pets and pair of jeans Santa can handle, but an almost $100 BigFoot seems unnecessary to this Santa (hope this doesn't crush our 6 year-olds Christmas dreams).
Dec. 2nd -- Make marshmallow snowmen.
I wasn't sure how this task would work out, but my kids loved making the snowmen and loved eating them even more.




Dec. 3rd -- Watch the "Birth of Christ" movie.
This movie is always a great way to remind us of the true "reason for the season."
Dec. 4th -- Visit Santa.
Santa came to our neighborhood's grand opening of our new playground (how exciting is that?).



Dec. 5th -- Make sugar cookies.
Sugar, frosting, sprinkles, happy kids (need I say more?).



Dec. 6th -- Watch family home movies.
In my life, there's nothing like watching old home videos to get you in the Christmas spirit. I'm famous in my family for pulling out the old videos (even one without sound) and making everyone sit down to reminisce for a while.
Dec. 7th -- Make ornaments.
Thanks to Grandma Vicki for the snowman foam kits (sure saved me some time).

Dec. 8th -- Talk to Santa on the phone.
Santa called the boys on the phone and talked to each of them. The boys were thrilled and Mac was amazed at how much Santa knew about them -- such magic!
Stay tuned as our family continues to countdown to the big day!

1 comment:

nicole said...

Nick and I laughed pretty hard at those pictures of the marshmallow santamen. Totally classic.