Friday, October 1, 2010

What Happens When a True Aggie Marries a BYU Cougar Fan

So what does happen when a True Blue Aggie meets, falls in love with, and marries a BYU Cougar Fan? Well, you have some competitive bantering and teasing, but most of all, you have an intense General Conference weekend -- the weekend that BYU and USU meet and play every year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blind -- I know Aggie's football does fall short year after year, but no one can deny that they bring a great game when it comes to playing their southern rival.
I come from a family that is all about Aggie pride. My siblings and I are all USU graduates and my family has held season basketball tickets for as long as I can remember. Part of being a Utah State fan is also have a major dislike for BYU. When I asked my dad what would've happened if I had decided to attend BYU he said, "Well, you're capable of making your own decisions, but I wouldn't have paid for your education." I can also remember after my brother graduated from highschool that he applied to Brigham Young University. This surprised me until I found out that his only reason for this was to say "no" to them. And when my dad was asked about a certain player leaving USU and going to BYU last year, my dad's reply was a straight-faced, "I hope he breaks a leg."
Am I making my point?

So, tonight is game night. I've prepped all of my children and we've all worn Aggie attire all day long to show our support. Here's to hoping my Ags can pull through and give those Cougs a run for their money, sending them home with a dose of humility.
Go Aggies Go!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

This is hilarious! I don't get into the athletics nonsense, but Alex is literally swearing at the computer as I type this (we don't have cable, so he has to watch the game via internet!). It's looking like your year, Jam! ;-)

Holly and Robert said...

Well they did!! GO AGGIES!!!

Monique said...

Yeah Go Aggies! I'm glad to see that you're still into it even though you're so far away! It was such a fun game!

emandtrev said...

And they pulled it off!! That was one awesome game.