Monday, August 30, 2010

School Days, School Days!

Jaxton had his first day back to preschool today and he was pretty excited about it. It was hard for me to feel sad or abandoned by my little Jax when he was such a bundle of happiness to be headed back as PreK schooler. When I picked him up he said, "I had a GREAT day at school with Connor." (Connor is his best buddy who has now moved to our neighborhood and they get to attend preschool together.) I think Jax's in for an awesome year!

Mac started 1st grade last Wednesday. After he left for school I had an empty, lonely feeling inside -- all summer long Mac has been my "go to guy." If I needed something done and done right, I asked Mac to do it. He has grown up so much and become such a wonderful oldest sibling and example to his three younger admirers. His help was definitely missed all week long. When I picked him up that Friday after school and asked him how school was he said, "Kindergarten was a BLAST! It was the best year of my life! All we do in 1st grade is listen and LEARN!" I told him he better get used to it, 'cause he's got a lot of learning ahead of him. On a happier note, he's totally stoked about being in the same class with his best buddy, Carlo and getting to sit right next to him.

P.S. I just got back from picking Mac up from school and today he said school was GREAT! When I asked him why, he told me, "Because it's a new week and I got homework!" Looks like my school lovin' learner is officially back from summer vacation (phew!).

1 comment:

Holly and Robert said...

WOW, I can't believe he is a first grader!!! Time flies!!!