Monday, March 22, 2010

EIGHT whole years

Back in my college days I was at at a bar-b-q with some friends when a tall, handsome, blue eyed young man approached me and asked me if I remembered him. I didn't at first, but when he said that his name was "Hash," I remembered (that's not really a name you forget). We had met through a mutual friend a couple months earlier when I had gone to visit her. After a little bit of chit chat the boy said he was new in town and smiling asked if I'd like to be his new best friend. I agreed. That was 8 1/2 years ago and happily that same tall, handsome, blue eyed boy and I are still best friends. March 22, 2002 was the day Hash a.k.a. Nate and I sealed the deal and promised to be companions and best friends FOREVER! How grateful I am that Nate is a straight talking, right-to-the-point kind of guy. He's just the person I needed back then and still the perfect match for me. Love you lots HASHIE!
THEN . . .

AND NOW . . .

5 comments:

howelltree said...

Happy Anniversary! I forgot we were married so close to each other. Our anniversary is June 22nd, 2002, but March 22nd is a very special day for us as well...it's the day we got engaged.

Have a wonderful day and I hope you do something fun, just the two of you!

Holly and Robert said...

Wow, Time flies!!! It doesn't seem that long ago!!!! Hope you have had a great day!!

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the then and now pictures, so cute!

emandtrev said...

Congratulations! Hooray for March anniversaries too--mine is the 8th. You have a beautiful family!

P.S. I love Jillian in her pink shoes. What a little doll!

Merrill's said...

Wow, 8 years...congrats! I still remember when Hash proposed to you, I was the first to see your ring. Now look, 8 years and 4 beautiful children. You guys have done well!