Friday, February 12, 2010

SIX and super!


McCade turned six on January 31st and was supposed to have his party on the 30th, but it got snowed out and we had to postpone it until the following Saturday.


Mac is everything wonderful and more! I went to his parent/teacher conference this morning and not only is he excelling in reading and math, but he's the top writer in the entire kindergarten. What may be even more impressive to me is that his teacher says he's social and kind. She also said that he loves to be the spotlight (could've told you that) and that he has something to say about everything (also, could've told you that). He's eager to learn everything and is somewhat of a perfectionist. Mac loves the gospel and can't wait to bear his testimony on Fast Sunday, (which he does on his own every month). His faith never ceases to amaze me when he does things like waking up in the middle of the night and asking me to pray with him so that he doesn't have another nightmare.

To us, McCade is amazing and we think the world of him. Love you lots Big Man Mac!
p.s. if you are wondering why "excelling" is in bold, it's because Nate has made the change (2 weeks later) from "accelling" to "excelling." Apparently Mac is excelling in school, but his mom could use some more time learning how to spell. :)

5 comments:

Holly and Robert said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe he is that old have we been out of school that long!!!

Kylene said...

I'm so glad you emailed me. It is so fun so see what you guys have been up to. Your little Jillian is such a cutie pants!

Metta said...

I know this isn't a post about you Jami, but I seriously think that your personality coupled with your background in little person education makes you such an amazing mom. I consider it a big vote of confidence you to and Nate as parents that Mac is doing so well in school! I hope that I can prepare Giovanna as well for school as I'm sure all of yours are!

Burnetts said...

It was so much fun to see you. You have such a nice place, I loved North Carolina.

Happy Birthday to Mac! Don't you think that age is just the BEST! They are so innocent, understanding, and so fun to see them choosing the right!

Merrill's said...

It looks like Mac had a great birthday! We are proud of Mac and his accomplishments at school...way to go Mac!!