Friday, January 22, 2010

Some Things to Think About . . .

Jaxton leaned his head on me today and told me that I was "as squishy as a pillow." Thanks Jax, I'll keep that in mind the next time I hit the gym.

The other morning I was baby talking to Jillian (you know, with the whole high-pitched voice and such), when Jaxton says, "Well mom . . . some people really hate it when you talk like that and they really want you to stop." Trying not be too offended I said, "Jaxton, does it annoy you when I talk to Jilli like that?" To which Jaxton kindly replied with, "Well, it just really makes people angry." And with that he got off his stool and walked away obvioulsy making the "people's" opinion very clear. Honestly, ever since that conversation I've been self concious of the way I talk to Jillian -- is Jaxton right? Are there other "people" out there who I make angry with the way I communicate with infants? I guess it's something to consider . . .

Mac lost his first tooth about a week and a half ago. He insisted on not putting it under his pillow because he wanted to show his cousins in Utah (actually a relief since the tooth fairy had no cash on her that night). But, we have now gone to Utah and have been home now for almost a week and the kid still has no interest in putting his tooth under his pillow. Let us remember that this is the same child who will do anything for a buck and has never been known to spend any money -- he just loves to have it and save it. I've come to the conclusion that he might be slightly nervous about a strange woman with wings and a magic wand sneaking into his room when he's sound asleep and taking something from him that is rightfully his . . . hmmmm, I can't say that I blame him.

3 comments:

Metta said...

I love people who baby talk. It's such a dying art (in public), so please keep it up!!!

Kade and Katie said...

i've been told before how "soft and cozy" i am....and i have never hit the gym afterwards. good for you! that's just how our kids like us right. i got a good chuckle out of jax's comment though, so cute. and NEVER stop talking in a high squeaky voice to those little ones, she loves it! the "people" are just going to have to deal with it and i've actually been told it helps them with learning to talk....i tend to believe almost anything anyone tells me though! still so sad i missed you. love ya, cute, cute kids by the way! and they are so dang funny too!looks and the personalities, lucky them!

emandtrev said...

This has me laughing the whole way through. I so love kiddos' brutal honesty!