Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jillian's Utah Debut











Jillian, Mac, and I flew to Utah over the weekend to spend a few days at home with the family. We had a great time letting all the fam love on Miss J, celebrating my mom's birthday, getting a pedicure with the girls, going out to eat, letting Mac have his first (& second) sleepover, seeing the elk at Hardware Ranch, having lunch with Nate's family, letting Jilli-V meet her 94 year old grandma great Venice (whom she's named after), freezing in the snow, and just enjoying the wonderful company of my family. As we drove home from a family gathering on our last night there, McCade sobbed all the way home saying, "I just want to be with my cousins!" It was totally pitiful! The poor guy just wants to move 32 hours closer to his cousins -- is that too much to ask?

8 comments:

Kade and Katie said...

i am still so sad i missed you. i was headed back out to petersboro that night, but kade handed me the phone and acall just had to do. it was an early morning for you....but i missed you! love your updates, you are an amazing mom. you do "four" so well, please let me in on your secrets. love you tons!! and, aren't we supposed to be planning a girls trip somewhere, michelle b. and i have been talking....

Rachel said...

What a great trip, Jam. (I LOVE your cute hat, by the way!) Reading about Mac's reaction to wanting to stay with his cousins made my eyes well up! I want to move 36 hours closer too, Mac!

Kim said...

Looks like you had a great trip. Wish I could have been out there to meet sweet baby J. I love the picture of the 4 generations of girls, very precious!

JDS said...

Oh... I love Hardware Ranch! What a fun trip!

Holly and Robert said...

Looks like tons of fun!!!

Holly said...

That is so sweet that your little babe got to meet her great-grandma whom she's named after. I bet your grandma was loving her! Those pictures are priceless treasures! Looks like you had a great trip.

Merrill's said...

Love your post...hate the picture of myself with Jillian. Did you have to use that picture? I miss you guys already. :( Can't wait for the summer, when you will be here for 1 month.

Nances said...

I'm glad you got to come out--maybe next time it'll be for longer and we can see you too! Jillian is growing up so fast--she is adorable!