Saturday, August 29, 2009

She's Here!




Jillian Venice Peterson made her debut at 7:54am on August 23rd. She weighed in at 7lbs. 6oz. and was 21 1/4 inches long. The delivery was easy breezy and I couldn't have asked for things to have gone any smoother. I started to have some random but intense contractions around 3:30pm on Saturday but wasn't sure whether they were going to amount to anything. They continued to be pretty sporadic through the evening and when we went to bed around 11:00pm they started to get closer together. I finally woke Nate up at 2:00 and told him I thought we should head to the hospital. We called a friend (thank heavens for Jesica) and within a half hour she was over at the house. By the time I got to the hospital I was dilated to a five and by the time I got my epidural I was at an eight. Because I needed to be on antibiotics for four hours before I delivered, I literally had to hold absoutely still for an hour and a half (they told me not to laugh, cough, or make any sudden movements) because she was ready to come. As soon as the four hours were up, I assumed postion, pushed a couple times, and out she came absolutely perfect!


Jillian has been such a wonderful little addition to our family. The boys think she's the greatest thing ever and Mac told me the other morning that he thinks she gets more beautiful every day. She's super pleasant and easy to have around and for the four nights that we've had her home she's slept all the way through two nights and only woke up once during the other two nights. We are totally 100% in love with her!

17 comments:

Catie said...

Congratulations!! Jami, you and Jillian are beautiful! I'm so glad that delivery went so well and that you are enjoying your sweet princess. xoxo

the rutledge's- said...

Jami and Nate--

Congrats! She is adorable. I am glad all went well, and happy that things really got rolling after we left last Saturday. So happy for you guys! Let me bring dinner this next week...I will plan on it o.k.

Kim said...

she is so precious, and how nice to have such an easy delivery. In the pictures of just her the 3rd one looks a little like Mac and the last one looks a little like Jack. I can't wait to see more pictures. I'm glad she's giving you some rest as well.

Holly and Robert said...

Congrats!!! She is a doll!! What a lucky little girl to have three big brothers!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

SMILES2ALL said...

Ohhh Jami she is so CUTE!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait untill I get to hold her!

Rachael said...

She is such a beauty! I can't wait to meet her. I love the name Jillian Venice. So darling. Congratulations!

Joni said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went so well and that you have a perfect, beautiful, sleepy baby on your hands!

Monique said...

Congrats Jami, I'm glad that all went well. She is adorable! I love the name you chose. Can't wait to see more pictures of her.

nicole said...

jami, i'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see her in person, she's absolutely sweet.

...i'll call her venice when nate isn't around, okay ;)

Holly said...

She is so sweet Jami! Congrats! Hope she keeps up her great sleeping pattern! :)

Kade and Katie said...

CONGRATS!! oh my goodness, she is soooo jami! she is darling, and all that hair. i can't wait for you to smoother one in pink, she is just beautiful! i love the picture with the pink hat and flower, how fun! love that name, and grandma is pleased as pie about it i'm sure! we love you guys and are thinking of you....hugs and kisses from us!(what's up with sleeping through the night, we are still working on that with halle, no fair!)

Kade and Katie said...

p.s. you look fabulous by the way! you have always been very photogenic, but at the hospital looking that good! did you really just have a baby??

Magic Marker said...

She is darling and I think she looks just like Jack! So are you guys changing the name? I keep hearing different stories so let me know!

Keesha said...

Oh Jami she is so adorable!! What a perfect little addition to your family!! Congratualtions!! :)

Burnetts said...

Congratulations! She looks just like an Olsen. I can't wait to see her in person. I wil be out the first of October so I will make sure to come see you! Have fun with the pink! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Wahoo, Jami and Nate! So happy to hear cutie pie arrived safe and sound. Not only a preciousity, but a great sleeper. Life just can't get any better for ya. Congrats! Christine

Becca's Blog said...

I know that I am late but congrats. I couldn't be more happy for you a little sweet girl to love, dress, and play with. YEAH for you guys!