Tuesday, September 30, 2014

FaBuLoUs and FIVE

Hard to imagine that my baby girl is five years old. Boggles my mind, really.

Here she is on her birthday morning, waking up as an official five year old.

Jilli had been on the countdown to her birthday for months.  I'm not sure how many pics I took of her inside a store holding a toy that she didn't want me to forget to get her for her birthday.

And while she didn't get everything in all those pics, I don't think she was disappointed.

Since Nate had a family work party that we all had to go to that evening, we did cake and ice cream with the family the next day.  Jilli had requested a pink princess cake, so I did my best to deliver.

Birthday selfies with my girl.  Love, love, love her!

A couple days before Jillian's birthday I took her out for mini photo shoot.  It only took about 5 minutes, but I got some great shots of this beautiful girl.

She's full of sass,

beauty,

sweetness,

and pretty close to perfection!

Happy 5th Miss J!  We sure do love you and thank the heavens that you were sent to our family!

*On a side note, weeks before Jilli's birthday we all kept saying things like, "Oh, I can't believe Jilli's going to be 5" and "I remember when she was just a baby" -- apparently she was getting fed up with it because just a day or two before her birthday Mac said, "Jilli, don't turn 5, just stay 4 forever," to which she quickly replied (quite annoyed), "You said the same thing when I was 2 and then 3 and then 4 but you still always liked me and I'm sure you'll still like me when I'm 5!"
Point taken.

No comments: