Sunday, July 13, 2014

Boys Growing into Men

I'm scared that before I know it my children are going to be grown and moving out of the house. I have know idea how the last seven years went by so quickly and how my sweet Beckam could be turning SEVEN years old.
Thankfully on his birthday I got to wake up to this little face next to me.  Beck is my only kid with dark eyelashes and lots of freckles -- I never tire of looking at that face.

Nate and I were asked to speak at church on Beck's birthday and considering that we have 9:00am church and that we rolled in from out of town late the night before, it was quite the busy morning.

Funny face vs. cute face

After church we had cupcakes and ice cream with Nate's side of the family. At one point Beckam walked into the house and everyone started chanting "Be-ckam, Be-ckam!" as loud as they could.  Apparently Beckam was so surprised at all the attention that he got really excited and even had happy tears in his eyes -- sweetest thing ever!

The next Sunday we were in Logan to celebrate Father's Day.  How grateful I am to have a husband who loves his kids and does his best to raise them and provide for them.


The kids and I wrapped each of Nate's gifts and then wrote what they loved about him on the front of each one.

I'm equally grateful to have my dad in my life.  What a rock he is.  I couldn't ask for a better guy to call "dad."  In my mind, he is a product of all things wonderful.

It won't be long before this boy will be off on a mission, get married and have a family of his own.  My hope is that this little boy will grow into . . .

a man like these two. How awesome that would be!

Happy birthday, Beckam Lee -- we love you forever and ever!  And happy Father's Day to Nate, my dad and all the other wonderful fathers in my life.  How grateful I am for each of you.

No comments: