Friday, May 9, 2014

ThirtyFour


The week of my birthday was spent caring for Jaxton and Mac who had strep throat and Beckam who was throwing up. Just when I thought everyone was going to be healthy in time for my birthday, Nate got strep -- and let's be honest, when Nate is sick (bless his heart) everyone suffers with him.
My parents to the rescue!
As soon as my parents heard that Nate was sick, they jumped in their car and drove two hours to take me and the kids out for a birthday dinner. My parents are saints, seriously!
After my parents headed on their journey home, I began feeling sick and sure enough, I was up all night and the next day throwing up.
Probably not my best birthday ever, but one thing is for sure, I will always be thankful to my parents for making a bad day into a much better one.

My 34th year has no where to go but up from here, so at least that's comforting.

No comments: