Friday, July 5, 2013

Beckam Boy's Birthday

I'm not sure what happened. One day I gave birth to a beautiful, blue-eyed, bald-headed, easy going baby, then I blinked and he was 6 years old. If I think about it too much, I cry, seriously.

Here's the birthday guy on the morning of his birthday -- thrilled to pieces with each and every gift. He also loved receiving his cards in the mail and after we would read them he would say, "That was a nice message."

Since Beck's birthday landed on Saturday, we planned a water baseball themed party. Unfortunately, the weather didn't receive our memo that we didn't want rain and we had to move it to an indoor pool party at the last minute. Beck went with the flow and was just happy to have a party.

Here's the birthday guy. Don't you want to kiss each and every one of those freckles?

That night, our family friends, the Rios', came to help us celebrate with cake and ice cream. What a great way to end a busy day and an awesome boy!

We love you Beck!  You make one heck of a 6 year old!

(For recording purposes, at 6 years old Beck weighed in at 46 lbs. (42nd%) and is 47.75 in. tall (79th%).  The doctor is predicting that he'll for sure be over 6 ft tall.)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That blue eye baby was born shortly after we moved to NC and I was smitten immediately. One of my best memories ever is when baby Beckam feel asleep on my shoulder while the other kids were playing those mud hills (remember those) behind your house. Love that boy, give him a squeeze for me!