Monday, March 18, 2013

Holidays

Valentines: As tradition has it, I continued the "love notes" (a note to each child about something that I love about them and a small treat) every day in February leading up to V-day, but I also included Nate in on the fun and did "14 days of Valentines." On Valentine's day I gave everyone a sack of Valentine's and we ate and drank as many red things as I could come up with. It was a lovely LOVE day!



St. Patrick's Day: I let my OCD'ish tendencies slide a bit and I let the kids take the lead on setting up the leprechaun trap. Beckam came up with the idea of luring the leprechaun into the trap by setting up a fake leprechaun friend and gold. All night long and into the next day Beck was convinced that he kept seeing the little green leprechaun around the house.

We are now in the thick of Easter planning and I couldn't be more thrilled. I had the combined YW lesson for March, which was on the Atonement. I made up this little handout and poem and after I read it to the girls the room erupted in a united, "Ohhhhhhh! That's so sweet! Sis. Peterson, you should be a poet." Have I ever mentioned how much I love this group of girls -- it doesn't take much to impress them and I love them even more for that!


2 comments:

Kim said...

We totally used your handout idea for our Young Women's Broadcast get together:) Thanks for being such a good poet:)

Unknown said...

Such a good mom! Can you please come do all these fun things with my kids? :) Christine