Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Birthday Boys

It's hard to believe that this is Hashie's 11th birthday that we've shared together. I love him even more now than I did as a smitten 21 year old. Here's to eleventy hundred infinity more birthdays together!
Each of the kids bought Nate a present at the dollar store. Jilli purchased a box of Nutty Buddy bars, Beck got him Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Jax gave him Big League gum and Mac went big-time by getting him a Gatorade AND a bag of pistachios.



Sweet Mac turned 9 years old. This boy is such a delight to have. If all else fails in my life, I know that my Mac will still be my biggest fan. His love runs so deep, he is the most committed child I have ever known and he works so hard to be the best at whatever he does. He is so wise beyond his years!

He also loves the camera and never puts off an opportunity for a good photo. These pics were taken at Chili's just after the staff sang to him and just before he dropped his bowl of birthday ice cream on the floor.


As tradition has it, I always take lunch to the birthday child at school. Mac chose a Wendy's kids meal, complete with a a chocolate frosty and sugar cookies to share with his class.

Admittedly, his cake wasn't my greatest work of art, so I tried to spruce it up with sideways candles -- impressive, right?

I love you Mac! Hope you had a wonderful 9th birthday! We are so grateful to have you in our family!

No comments: