Thursday, June 7, 2012

School is COOL!

Mac had a fabulous 2nd grade year.

We loved Ms. Merrill, in fact, I've had my eye on her ever since I saw her interact with her students back on Mac's first day of Kindergarten and I remember thinking to myself, "If only my children could always have teachers like that." How thankful we were when Mac was assigned to her class -- she has exceeded all of my expectations. I took such comfort in knowing that each day I was sending my child to school to be watched over by someone who really truly loved him.
Mac was given the "Future Game Show Host" award because Ms. Merrill said that "he's full of personality, he can talk to anyone, he always has something to say and a good question to ask."  Miss Merrill also wrote, "Mac is a special guy who has made life in Room 20 much more interesting!  I have enjoyed watching him grow as a learner and leader this school year.  Mac is very curious about the world around him and is always asking questions.  His playful personality and sense of humor brighten each day.  He has shown growth in all three academic areas and has worked hard.  I will miss him next year."

Jaxton also had an excellent Kindergarten year.

I think his teacher, Ms. Sutton, lived and breathed Kindergarten. Jaxton was always doing something exciting and hands-on in class and Jaxton was always coming home with a new Ms. Sutton joke. Just like Ms. Merrill, I felt like Jaxton was loved every day he went to school. He excelled and learned beyond my expectations.  Ms. Sutton said, "Jaxton has worked very hard this year to be the greatest kindergartner at this school!  We are very proud of the progress he has made.  He is a great asset to our classroom.  He works very hard and is interested in learning new things daily.  Jaxton was a delight to have in class."



How grateful I am to teachers and to a school that continues to give my children a successful learning experience! Bring on 3rd grade and 1st grade!

No comments: