Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vintage?!

Last Sunday when Nate saw Jilli after I had dressed her for church he said, "Whoa! Looks like she just stepped from the 80's." And, he was right on. Jilli was wearing my dress from when I was a baby. I'm fairly sentimental and always have been, so my mom kept some of my extra cute stuff around in hopes I'd be able to get some use out of them again. So, Jillian might in fact have looked like she should be sporting a feathered bang look to go with her dress, but I still thought she looked darling and it tickled my heart every time I looked at her to think that we were sharing the same dress.

My super brilliant friend Kristi suggested that instead of calling the dress "out of style," that we could just consider it "vintage." (I like the sound of that, so I think I'll go dig out some more of my old stuff -- Nate can't argue with "vintage.")

And just one more thing. These pictures were taken after church was over and Jillian had pulled out her hair accessories. (I just didn't want anyone to mistake me for loving old 80's clothes AND messy hair.)

1 comment:

Joni said...

So fun. I think I'll head to the basement and pull some of my "vintage" outfits out!